WEEKLY NFL CHALLENGE
No purchase required. Contest shall occur weekly with the first contest commencing on Sunday, October 18th, 2020 at 12:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on Sunday October 25th, 2020 at 12:58 p.m. EST and shall continue weekly throughout such a time period (“Contest Period”) until February 7th at 12:58 p.m. EST, with the exception of any such time period where a NFL football game does not occur. There is a total of one (1) prize available per Contest Period with cumulative of fifteen (15) prizes throughout the Contest Periods available to be won as follows: seventy-five Canadian dollars (75$ CAD). Open to legal residents of Canada who are age of majority in the province or territory of residence at time of entry. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received before contest closes and your skill at the Weekly NFL Challenge. Full rules and entry details available at
WEEKLY NFL CHALLENGE
Official Contest Rules
Sponsor. The Weekly NFL Challenge (Contest) is sponsored by LUCA Theory Inc., 9839 rue Jeannette Montréal (Québec) H8R 1S7 Canada (Sponsor)
Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Contest Dates and Times. The Contest shall occur weekly with the first contest commencing on Sunday, October 18th, 2020 at 12:59 p.m. EST and ends on Sunday October 25th, 2020 at 12:58 p.m. EST (Contest End Date) and shall continue weekly throughout the Contest Period until February 7th at 12:58 p.m. EST, with the exception of any such time period where a NFL football game does not occur. After each Contest End Dates, the Contest will be closed, and no further entries will be accepted for such Contest Period.
How to Enter. You can enter by completing the questionnaire at this URL: https://www.askluca.app/IrxVhtjPLf (Questionnaire). For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor's server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Winning Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
Contest Prizes. There is a total of one (1) prize available per Contest Period with cumulative of fifteen (15) prizes throughout the Contest Periods available to be won as follows: seventy-five Canadian dollars (75$ CAD). All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers.
How to Win. Entrants shall be requested to predict a spread winner for all NFL games during a Contest Period. You shall have the ability to demonstrate your confidence in such a prediction by placing up to three (3) units on each prediction. The units that you place on a prediction shall determine how much your score increases or decreases provided that your prediction is correct or incorrect as determined by https://www.bet365.com. For clarity, if you have placed two (2) units on one correct prediction, your score increases by two (2). Conversely, if you have placed two (2) units on one incorrect prediction, your score decreases by two (2). The Entrant with the highest score wins the Contest Prize during the applicable Contest Period. In the case of a draw, the Entrants who share the highest score shall divide the Contest Prize equally among such Entrants.
Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date as well as the skill the contestant has at answering the questions of the Questionnaire.
Winner Selection and Confirmation. On the Wednesday following the applicable Contest Period at 5:00 p.m. EST at https://www.instagram.com/luca_theory/ and (Draw Date) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will announce from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date the winner(s) pursuant to Section 6 (Winning Entrants). Winning Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Winning Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of second highest score from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Winning Entrants will be required to: (i) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (Winner Release); and (ii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Winning Entrants will be notified within three (3) business days of the results and will be contacted by email provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Winning Entrants within fifteen (15) business days following the Draw Date. A Winning Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Winning Entrant selected by way of second highest score from the remaining eligible entries A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than fifteen (15) days after Draw Date. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Winning Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Winning Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Winning Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address entered at the time of entry (Authorized Account Holder). Each Winning Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (Released Parties) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any force majeure or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “RACJ”), to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the RACJ, to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the relevant Contest Closing Date and to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
11. Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
12. Entrant Data. Entrant data is any data, information (including, without limitation, any information about an identifiable individual or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from the information) or other materials of any nature recorded in any form whatsoever disclosed or provided to Sponsor by the Entrant when filling out the Questionnaire (Entrant Data). Entrant retains all right, title and interest in and to all Entrant Data, subject to the license rights granted to Sponsor necessary to sponsor the Contest and any support and other services under this Agreement. In particular, Entrant grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, access and modify Entrant Data as required to sponsor the Contest and provide any support and other services. Entrant grants Sponsor the right to anonymize Entrant Data so that it does not identify Entrants, nor contains any Entrant personal information pursuant to Section 11 (Anonymous Data). Entrant agrees that Sponsor (i) will own the Anonymous Data, (ii) may create derivative works from and extract information from the Anonymous Data and combine Anonymous Data (hereafter Aggregate Data), to use the Aggregate Data on an Aggregate Basis (as defined below) only in the furtherance of Sponsor’s business, and (iii) may disclose and publish Aggregate Data on an Aggregate Basis to any party through any means. For greater certainty, Sponsor is prohibited from (and such right and license specifically excludes) disclosing Entrant Data other than on an Aggregate Basis, except as expressly determined pursuant to Section 11 or with the express written consent of Entrant. “Aggregate Basis” means that Sponsor combines parts of information collected or processed from Entrant (that does not contain any Sponsor’s name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means) with other information from any or all other Entrants and users that fill out the Questionnaire, use the services or technologies, or in a manner that does not disclose any individually identifiable information about Entrants or any specific transactions Entrants have engaged in. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, municipal, and local laws. For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the RACJ for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. For residents of all other jurisdictions, this Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Québec, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in City and District of Montréal in the Province of Québec.
13. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
14. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
15. Acknowledgement. This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn.
16. Language. This agreement and all documents relating hereto is drawn up in English at the request of all parties. Les parties aux présentes ont expressément convenu que la présente convention de même que tous les documents s’y rattachant soient rédigés en anglais.
© LUCA Theory Inc., 2020. All Rights Reserved.